HOW MUCH WATER DO YOU USE AT HOME????
Most people don't realize how much water an average person uses doing everyday activities. The information below was given out by the USGS (A Division of the Department of Interior)and from HD Supply Waterworks. The numbers below are approximations and vary based on age/size of appliance.
* Bath - Full Tub approximately 36 gallons
* Shower - 5 gallons per minute
* Teeth Brushing - 1-2 gallons per minute
* Hands/Face Washing - 1 gallon
* Face/Leg Shaving - 1 gallon
* Dishwasher - 6 -16 gallons per wash cycle
* Dishwashing by hand - 9-27 gallons per time
* Clothes washer - 25-40 gallons per load
* Flushing the toliet - 3-4 gallons per flush
If you have a continuous leak:
1/16" hole = 824 gallons in a day
1/8" hole = 3,300 gallons in a day
3/16" = 7,400 gallons in a day
1/4" = 13,130 gallons in a day
Conserve water when possible----its a precious resource!