GREENVIEW VILLAGE BOARD MINUTES
Of June 4th, 2018
The Greenview Village Board met for a regular scheduled board meeting on Monday, June 4th, 2018. President Dan Horn called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and all present participated in the pledge of allegiance. The roll call indicated that Trustees, Patrick Feagans, Joseph Wohler, Norman Hofmann, Kevin Curry and Raymond VanCleve were present. Other village personnel present were Village Employee Ken Ratliff, Police Chief John Holt, Village Treasurer Jerry Cottingham, and Village Clerk Monica Lynn.
No Public Participation
Ken Ratliff gave monthly report for May. A motion was made by Trustee Curry and seconded by Trustee Wohler to approve report. Report approved and filed into record.
John Holt gave the police report for May. A motion was made by Trustee Hofmann and seconded by Trustee Feagans to approve report. Report approved and filed into record.
The minutes from the May 21st, 2018 board meeting were reviewed by each board member. A motion made by Trustee VanCleve and seconded by Trustee Feagans to approve the minutes with the correction. Minutes approved and filed in record.
Income/Expense/Bill Report- The bills were reviewed by each board member. Approval of the income/expense report was roll called, all present in favor voted aye. Filed into record.
1. Discussion was had on the update for a projected start date for the War Memorial being in August. Discussion had on the sidewalk and possible dedication date.
2. Discussion had on upgrading street lighting to LED lights, as per Ameren it is $250 per light to have replaced and Greenview has approximately 87 lights or they will replace for free when a light goes bad. Still checking on other possible incentives.
3. Discussion had on board members purchasing polo shirts at their expense with the Village logo on them.
4. Discussion had on size of a sign for our E-commerce zone.
5. Trustee VanCleve has spoken with the County on replacing street signs and as of now there are no programs through the County to replace the street signs. Will also check with the Village Engineers to see if there is a different program.
No New Business
Trustee VanCleve: Nothing
Trustee Curry: Nothing
Trustee Feagans: Will start working on the sidewalk replacements
Trustee Wohler: Absent
Trustee Lee: Nothing
Trustee Hofmann: Park Committee had meeting and will placing the savings thermometer in the park soon. They have several money raising events coming up. Asked if the Village would be ok to block streets for a Bag Tourney in August and a Car Wash in July.
Nothing from Clerk/Treasurer
President Horn: Advised that the notice to sale properties went into the paper and will have a bid opening at the June 18th meeting. Advised board members that the Village has the right to refuse any bids they feel are not in the best interest of the Village. Discussion was also had on the sale of the 1 ace that is owned by the Village.
Meeting adjourned at 8:03 pm
At the conclusion of all business, the announcement of the next meeting was made. The next meeting will be held on Monday June 18th, 2018 at 7:00 pm.