GREENVIEW VILLAGE BOARD MINUTES
Of November 5th, 2018
The Greenview Village Board met for a regular scheduled board meeting on Monday, November 5, 2018. President Dan Horn called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and all present participated in the pledge of allegiance. The roll call indicated that Trustees, Patrick Feagans, Joseph Wohler, Norman Hofmann, Kevin Curry and Raymond VanCleve were present. Other village personnel present were Village Employee Ken Ratliff, Police Chief John Holt, Village Treasurer Jerry Cottingham, and Village Clerk Monica Lynn.
No Public Participation
Jason Huffman with the Sheriff’s Office presented a new radio system and costs for Menard County. Board will discuss and vote on at the next meeting.
Ken Ratliff gave the maintenance report for October. A motion was made by Trustee Wohler and seconded by Trustee Curry to approve report. Report approved and filed into record.
John Holt gave police report for October. A motion was made by Trustee Hofmann and seconded by Trustee Feagans to approve report. Report approved and filed into record.
The minutes from the October 15th, 2018 board meeting were reviewed by each board member. A motion made by Trustee Curry and seconded by Trustee Wohler to approve the minutes. Minutes approved and filed in record.
Income/Expense/Bill Report- The bills were reviewed by each board member. Approval of the income/expense report with additions was roll called, all present in favor voted aye. Filed into record.
1. Discussion was had on the location for the evergreen tree in the park being donated by the FFA.
2. Discussion was had on possible purchase of removable bollards on the new sidewalk at the arch to prevent from people driving on unless they have permission. Approximate cost is $130 each, will be voted on at the next meeting.
3. Discussion was had on the placement of the recycle dumpster project by the High School Eco Club. Trustee Hofmann will be getting more information on the project.
1. A motion was made by Trustee Curry and seconded by Trustee Wohler to approve paying the IML insurance bill in full with the 1% discount. Motion was roll called, all present in favor voted aye.
2. Trustee was approached about getting new park benches being built by Canton Prisioners. Will be getting more information on the program.
3. President Horn recommended that the board purchase a new voice recorder.
4. President Horn received a call from Bob Barker at Middletown Bank, the will not provide the interim financing. Has reached out to Athens State Bank and should have an answer by November 13th.
5. Discussion was had on the urinal in the men’s restroom at Village Hall needs repaired. Will be contacted Hernen’s to fix.
Trustee VanCleve: Nothing
Trustee Curry: Nothing
Trustee Feagans: Nothing
Trustee Wohler: Nothing
Trustee Lee: Absent
Trustee Hofmann: Nothing
Meeting adjourned at 7:55 pm
At the conclusion of all business, the announcement of the next meeting was made. The next meeting will be held on Monday November 19th, 2018 at 7:00 pm.