GREENVIEW VILLAGE BOARD MINUTES
Of March 18, 2019
The Greenview Village Board met for a regular scheduled board meeting on Monday, March 18, 2019. President Kevin Curry called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. and all present participated in the pledge of allegiance. The roll call indicated that Trustees, Patrick Feagans, Roy Lee, Sarah Heavner and Norman Hofmann were present. Other village personnel present were Zoning Officer, Chuck Ranson, and Village Treasurer Jerry Cottingham.
Charlotte Wholer from Marbold Homestead informing of upcoming events and asking about possibly getting a water line to the farmstead. Discussion was had on what it would take to get water line out there. Discussion also had on allowing them to borrow barricades and cones for an upcoming event.
Sidney Monroe was present to inform the board into a house that they rented and had to move because the house had black mold and sewer backflowing into the house and the landlord would not fix and has now posted the property for sale. They have contacted the Health Department and haven’t gotten a return call, asked if we could possible help getting the property condemned. Discussion was had and will be working with Chuck Ranson on this issue.
Jerry Cottingham gave the treasurer report. A motion was made by Trustee Lee and seconded by Trustee VanCleve. Report approved and filed into record.
Chuck Ranson gave the zoning report. Discussion was had a procedure for assessing fines. A motion was made by Trustee Hofmann and seconded by Trustee VanCleve to approve report. Report approved and filed into record.
The minutes from the March 4th, 2019 board meeting were reviewed by each board member. A motion made by Trustee Heavner and seconded by Trustee Lee to approve the minutes. Minutes approved and filed in record.
Income/Expense/Bill Report- The bills were reviewed by each board member. Approval of the income/expense report with additions was roll called, all present in favor voted aye. Filed into record.
1. Discussion was had on the information for spring clean up using Area disposal vs. Republic. Will put on the agenda for the next meeting.
2. Discussion was had on street signs, guys have taken down 26 signs and are taking them out to have them sandblasted.
3. A motion was made by Trustee Lee and seconded by Trustee VanCleve to hire Monica Brumm as a full-time Village Clerk starting May 1st.
1. Received transfer of property for Nelson Oil from Denise, has been delivered to Nelson Oil, once it is signed Denise will file at courthouse and it will be completed.
2. Discussion was also had on the transfer of property for the Parkhurst land. It is ready waiting to be signed.
3. President Curry attended the Menard County Economic Development committee meeting. Thinks the Park Committee would benefit from attending the meetings.
Trustee Feagans: Nothing
Trustee Heavner: Nothing
Trustee VanCleve: Nothing
Trustee Wohler: Absent
Trustee Lee: Nothing
Trustee Hofmann: Park committee will be meeting March 25th to plan the Bingo Night and possible plans for recognition of donors.
Meeting adjourned at 7:38 pm
At the conclusion of all business, the announcement of the next meeting was made. The next meeting will be held on Monday April 1st, 2019 at 7:00 pm.